Wednesday, July 26, 2017

The Dixie Life

Well I did it!  I got a job at Dixie State University.  Since living here in St. George, I have always secretly and not so secretly wanted to work on campus.  I love the College Campus Atmosphere.  I also love living a mile away from the University.  Granted, nothing will ever compare to my love of being at BYU Idaho, but Dixie State University is a pretty good second place!  
For the last three years, I have regularly checked Dixie to see what jobs were available, applying for many and never getting so much as a call for an interview.  After leaving my job at Ence Homes, I went full force in trying to get on at Dixie.  I applied for 2-3 jobs a day at the University.  About a month into trying, I finally got a call for a part time job as an Administrative Assistant for Student Affairs.  


The interview process was very relaxed and the Manager hiring, Ginger, made me feel right in place.  After a couple of hours of interviewing, I was offered the job!  I was ecstatic!  I finally got my foot in the door, leading to many future opportunities!    


I have been working here for a little over a month and I love it.  This job is just what I have been needing.  The work atmosphere is very lively.  I'm doing something different everyday.  I love my boss and advisor, they are so kind and I thoroughly enjoy working for them.  And the main reason, I will be able to really grow here.  This University offers so many different opportunities for their employees and I'm looking forward to them!


love, hannah jane... and Go TrailBlazers!

No comments: